Treating ailments naturally is the best way for the body to recover. Home remedies often help to heal naturally that simple depending on medication.
What is fatty liver? As the name suggests, when fat builds up in the liver it is known as fatty liver in layperson’s terms. So far, there is no direct treatment or cure for the health condition. However, with effective strategies, lifestyle and dietary changes, fatty liver can be managed. There are two types of fatty liver- Non-alcoholic (NAFLD) and alcoholic. Fat sitting in the body may lead to chronic inflammation and that is precisely known as NAFLD.
Comorbidities like diabetes, high cholesterol, and hypertension can lead to fatty liver. But here are a few remedies that can help to lower the condition discomfort naturally.
5 HOME REMEDIES FOR FATTY LIVER
- Weight Management: Obesity only aggravates the condition. It is important to lose weight. According to a report by a Harvard study, “losing 10% of one’s body weight can reduce liver fat, resolve inflammation, and potentially improve scarring.”
- Mediterranean Diet: According to studies, Mediterranean diet may help lower the fat building fat. This diet encompasses whole foods, vegetables, fruits and nuts. Backed by science, it is said to lower heart disease, blood pressure etc.
- Stay Active: A sedentary lifestyle is a major contributor to fatty liver. Inactivity of the body lets the fat build up and disrupts the proper functioning of the liver. Exercising regularly or simply being active, and walking around can help lower the risk of fatty liver.
- Green Tea: This tea has anti-inflammatory properties that can help lower inflammation in the liver too. According to a report by Healthline, green tea reduces liver enzymes for NAFLD.
- Avoid Sugary Food: Dietary sugar like fructose is the worst for the liver. Baked goods, ice cream, energy drinks, candy etc can trigger fatty liver. Other fried foods like fries are extremely bad for fat build up.
- Turmeric: Haldi is a traditional household spice that has been known to serve medicinal purposes since ancient times. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial properties that help against fatty liver. It can reduce inflammation, a major symptom of NAFLD.
It is always best to consult a medical professional for advice and get regular checkups. Something may work for some people and be different for others. Home remedies are basically just simple natural ways towards healthy living.