Man targeted in Sydney shooting identified as former Bandido member Abdul Baghdadi

The man targeted in a shooting in Sydney’s lower north shore has been identified as a former Bandido bikie.

Emergency services were called to Upper Pitt St, Kirribilli on Wednesday afternoon, after neighbours heard multiple shots being fired.

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Man targeted in shooting on Sydney’s lower north shore.

Watch the latest news and stream for free on 7plus >>

Detective Acting Chief Superintendent Grant Taylor told reporters on Thursday as the two men were crossing the road, a person got out of white Ford Ranger and fired at least six shots at one of the men.

The two men fled the area but were pursued by the gunman.

“Fortunately, these two persons weren’t injured by the shots but one of them was injured while fleeing the scene,” Taylor said.

Abdul Baghdadi, 37, is beleived to be the target of the shooting. Credit: 7NEW

One of the men has now been named as a 37-year-old Abdul Baghdadi.

The former Bandido bikie was only recently released from jail. He is believed to have been the target of the shooting.

He is well known to police, Taylor said, but is “not co-operating” with detectives.

Police are now appealing for information. Credit: 7NEWS

“It’s making our job difficult, but we will make progress in the coming days and weeks,” Taylor said.

He has also refused medical treatment.

A short time after the shooting, a Ford Ranger was found alight at a nearby Neutral Bay carpark.

The gunman and a second person are believed to have left that area in an Orange Commodore, which was later found burnt out in Harris Park, in Sydney’s west.

Police believe the Commodore had been parked in Rangers Road, Neutral Bay for about 10 days.

“It appears that there’s been several days of planning in this,” Taylor said.

“He has obviously been targeted and surveyed.

Taylor said the incident was linked to organised crime and an outlaw motorcyle group and that police are “exploring all those links.”

Police remained at the scene on Thursday. Credit: 7NEWS
Investigations continue, but police say the victim is not co-operating. Credit: 7NEWS

“There was an intention to carry out this shooting and no doubt they had an intention to kill him,” he said.

Taylor added it was “unusual for an event like this to take place on that side of Sydney”.

“Any part of Sydney is not really immune to this,” he said.

A motive remains unclear.

Police are now looking for information about the vehicles used as they piece together the circumstances of the shooting.

Crime scenes were established at all three locations.

Investigations continue under Strike Force Marlton.

If you’d like to view this content, please adjust your .

To find out more about how we use cookies, please see our Cookie Guide.

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! News Continue is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a Comment