Two men arrested over crash that killed teenagers in Ashcroft

Two men have been arrested over their alleged involvement in a horrific crash that killed two teenagers in Sydney’s southwest.

The two victims were earlier identified as a 13-year-old boy and 14-year-old boy, who were killed when the car crashed into a tree and power pole outside a home on Maxwells Ave, Ashcroft on Monday morning.

The pair were in the back seat.

Watch the latest news and stream for free on 7plus >>

One of the boys was thrown from the vehicle on impact, while the other was held in by his seatbelt.

It is believed speed was a factor in the crash.

The two teenagers were reportedly best mates, with one of the duo having only just celebrated his 13th birthday on Sunday.

Tributes have begun to pour in for the two teens online, with loved ones describing the crash as “heartbreaking”.

The car split in half when it hit a tree and then a power pole. Credit: 7NEWS

CCTV captured the entire incident, including the moment two men — the driver and his surviving passenger — ran away.

The men have been named as Nicholas Thew and Anthony Morris, who are believed to be either family members or friends of the two boys.

In the footage, a dirt bike rider who had been travelling behind the vehicle can be seen riding up to the debris of the crash and looking down at the body of one of the boys.

The rider then checks on the two men in the front of the vehicle, before a male emerges from the wreck. The dirt bike rider then rides off.

The man who emerged from the wreck walks over to the two dead boys, unbuckling one from the seatbelt.

A dirt bike rider, and one of the male survivors of the crash. Credit: Supplied
The two surviving males, named as Nicholas Thew and Anthony Morris, can be seen on CCTV leaving the crash site. Credit: Supplied

He then helps a second male out of the wreck before walking over to the body of the boy thrown from the car.

The pair then ran off.

Police arrested two men, aged 23 and 27, about 12.30pm Tuesday.

The men were taken to Liverpool Hospital under police guard for assessment and treatment of injuries they allegedly suffered during the crash.

Investigations are continuing and anyone with information has been urged to contact Crime Stoppers.

If you’d like to view this content, please adjust your .

To find out more about how we use cookies, please see our Cookie Guide.

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! News Continue is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a Comment